Free post-processing software suggestions?

General Topics

Free post-processing software suggestions?

Postby Tomastik on Fri May 10, 2019 10:41 am

I'm trying to process GNSS data acquired using Xiaomi Mi8 phone (GPS, Galileo dual-frequency; GLONASS, Beidou, QZSS single) on three points with differing multipath conditions. 10 minutes of data on every point, multiple days. I want to post-process the data using CORS base.
I tried RTKLib - it's OK (instead of brutal number of settings ;)), but it has problem with Galileo data. Perhaps this is due to the E1C/E5A combination, but when I add Galileo data, I get no solution (GPS, GLONASS, Beidou work well)
I also tried gLab, but it seems to work only with GPS data.
Please, if you know software (or perhaps some modification of yours), which will work with the complete data, let me know.
Best regards
Julian
Tomastik

Re: Free post-processing software suggestions?

Postby miquel on Wed May 15, 2019 12:57 pm

Hi Julian,

Feel free to process the data using our service (, currently in beta version and thus free-to-use). Our last modifications cover uploading data from Google's GNSS logger directly, but you can also process Rinex 2/3 files. It will look for the closest available CORS station so that you do not have to look it yourself. Alternatively you can upload data from your own base station as well if you have it.

We have processed Xiaomi Mi 8 data with GPS and Galileo data and it worked. Feel free to use it (we would appreciate if you let us know any feedback you may have...)

Cheers!

Miquel
miquel

Postby Tomastik on Fri May 31, 2019 6:51 am

Dear Miquel,
Thank you for your suggestion. JASON solution seems good, I send more detailed feedback via-email.

Regarding my problem with RTKLib and Galileo, I switched to "Single" solution and I got solution also with Galileo, however, with SDs in range of tens of kilometres. Without Galileo (GPS, GLONASS, Beidou), SDs are in range of meters. Therefore (most probably due to positional thresholds) I was not able to achieve some solution in "Static" mode when Galileo was in use. I'm attaching images of solution with and without Galileo. So now I need to find, if the problem is on side of RTKLib or Galileo :)
Best regards,
Julian
outputnoGal.jpg
outputGal.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tomastik

Postby jdesbonnet on Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:27 am

Make sure you checkout this site: He has patches to the official RTKlib library to add improved support some of the latest receivers (eg uBlox F9P etc).
jdesbonnet

Postby Tomastik on Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:45 am

Thank you, I'm already communicating with Tim Everet about the data as even the newest Demo5 version has problems with Galileo data from Mi8. I will post an update when it would come to any solution.
Julian
Tomastik

---------

Return to General